Learn About Earth Science: Weather
Item # P1174
Grade Levels: Pre-K to 2
In Learn About Earth Science: Weather, students investigate the weather to learn about the climate and the seasons, how animals adapt to weather changes, what clouds tell us about weather conditions, and how weather plays a part in our everyday lives.
Lively extension activities include a concentration–type matching game, and a sequencing game that gives students practice dealing with weather concepts. The Weather Calendar has students record and write about the conditions outside their school.
This charmingly illustrated program engages students as they:
- Explore nine easy-to grasp content presentations in the Learn Section.
- Use the Auditory Support Option as they read.
- Follow along with highlighted text easily.
- Enjoy a fun review in the Quiz Section.
- Click on the Help button for a friendly scientist to guide them at any point in the program.
- Take notes and write observations in an on-screen notebook with printable pages.
- Participate in three additional skill activities that reinforce and extend learning with matching, sorting, sequencing, and writing challenges.
- Use the Weather Calendar to record and write about conditions outside their school.
- Visit a Jukebox to original songs based on a weather theme.
- Earn attractive completion certificates!
A teacher’s management feature allows monitoring of progress and a review of student notebooks. The complete teacher’s guide helps to incorporate this program easily into any classroom or science lab curriculum.
Watch science excitement grow with this program’s easy-to-grasp, high-interest content presentations and its exciting extension activities.
New! Product Information, Tours, Research, Reviews and more! Check out the new Learn About Science Product Resource Site!
PC Windows 7
Mac OS x 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Mac OS X
Memory PC:8 MB
Memory Mac:8 MB