Item # P2023
Grade Levels: 2 to 12
Writebrain is a complete, integrated, and recursive writing solution, built the way writing instructors teach writing.
The perfect tool to support developing writers. Provides the scaffolding needed to increase writing competency as well as produce more interesting and sophisticated writings, all correlated to the writing standards of all 50 states including Ontario outcomes. It creates a strong cognitive learning environment through its unrivaled capabilities:
- provides guidance for all steps of the writing process -- brainstorming, organizing, drafting, editing, revising, and publishing
- presents research-based strategies -- effective and integrated approaches, tips and hints, the recursive process -- which increase competency using the writing process
- maintains analytical and holistic rubrics, such as 6-Trait, and features high-stake testing environments, including explicit test preparation components; the test-prep area moves students away from supports and guidance toward time-testing situations, much like state exams
- uses peer collaboration, self-assessment, and self-regulation to support the author through the revision phase - the most complex and abstract
- being web-based, allows for both school and home uses and provides users with on-line portfolios in order to assess, review, and reflect on past works as they evolve as writers
- correlates all lessons to the writing standards of all fifty states as well as Ontario outcomes; teacher -created lessons can be associated easily
- aggregates reports at the student, teacher, school, and district levels, including graphical representations of data
- developed to engage and support students in writing as they progress from "learning to write" to "writing to learn."
New! Product Information, Tours, Research, Reviews and more! Check out the new WriteBrain Product Resource Site!
Wow, take a look! WriteBrain received a 5-star review in MultiMedia & Internet @ Schools: Building the Perfect Computer Lab!
Mac OS X
Mac OS X Client 10.2.x
Mac OS X Client 10.3.x
Mac OS X Client 10.4.x
Mac OS X Server 10.2.x
Mac OS X Server 10.3.x
Mac OS X Server 10.4.x
CPU PC:Pentium II
Memory PC:128 MB
Memory Mac:128 MB